Top 5 Causes of Water Damage
Let SERVPRO of Northridge clean up your Northridge home.
Knowing what can cause water damage in your home or business can help with prevention of disasters. Take a look at your home for signs of potential problems. A few preventative steps today, may just save you from a larger water disasters tomorrow. Here are 5 main causes of water damage.
- Burst or leaking pipes and hoses
- Faulty or malfunctioning appliances (dishwashers, garbage disposals and water heaters, washing machines)
- HVAC (heating, ventilating and air conditioning unit) issues
- Clogs in toilets, sinks and tubs
- Backed Up Sewer Lines
Torrential downpours, and other weather events are also things to check on when they take place. If your pipes start leaking and water damage is threatening the integrity of your home or business, trust SERVPRO of Northridge for a fast response and reliable remediation services.
Addressing water damage as soon as possible is vital to prevent further damage to structure, belongings and assisting in the prevention of mold and mildew growth.
Let our team of highly trained, experienced and professional water mitigation technicians assist you in your time of need. Our services are available 24-hours a day.
Have you spotted signs of water damage in your home or office?
Have questions about water damage? Call SERVPRO of Northridge (818) 993-9339
Faster to your Northridge Water Damage Event
A leak upstairs cause the ceiling to swell. SERVPRO of Northridge was called in to make it right.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Northridge provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Northridge arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (818)993-9339
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Northridge
SERVPRO of Northridge specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.