Tips and Techniques for Mold
The tips and techniques listed below will help you clean and understand your mold problem. Before reading note that it could be possible that you may not be able to restore something with mold on it back to its normal appearance. Also note that it is probably best if you have a professional come out and take a look at the specific mold you're dealing with and check if there is any other hidden mold around the area
- To start off you will want to check and fix any plumbing or other water related problems you might have that is causing the mold growth
- Scrub any surfaces that contain mold with detergent and water, then dry thoroughly.
- Most likely absorbent material such as drywall, ceiling, tile, and carpet will have to be thrown away if they end up having mold. Mold can grow in the porous of these absorbent materials meaning it's almost impossible to remove it completely.
- If you see mold on the walls ceilings or floors its best to stay away from the affected area and call a professional to take a look
- You don't want to paint over a moldy surface, clean up the mold and dry the area, applying paint over a moldy surface will cause peeling in the future.
At the end of they day if you are unsure about how to clean an item and you don't want to risk messing up and damaging anything, consulting a specialist would be the best option. Have any questions Call SERVPRO of Northridge and SERVPRO of Granada Hills (818) 993-9339.